Wednesday, January 14, 2009

ArRrRRrr-tist Statement writing


For the beginning of my Directed Projects class I needed to write an artist statement. This is something I have had to do for other classes, maybe about two times prior, but I always felt like they were terrible attempts at trying to encapsulate who I am and what I do. I drew the above doodle to give me some inspiration and motivation. I taped it to my wall, and whenever i was having a hard time writing, it was nice to know my little fictional character was rooting for me. I ended up coloring it in Photoshop after I was done with the writing process. I feel like I owed the doodle that, and a little spot on my blog :-) As for the artist statement, it was my best attempt yet. Hopefully, I will be able to polish it up for posting on my (coming Summer 2009!) website.

No comments: