Friday, December 19, 2008

"God Bless Us Every One!"

As part of our effort to get some Atlanta culture, Pat and I joined Liz and Chris Schwitzer and went to the Shakespeare Tavern to watch the performance of “A Christmas Carol.” The theater itself is quite spectacular. Inside it I was instantly transported back in time to Elizabethan London. The theater even has two levels and made beautifully out of wood, reminiscent of original Globe theater. The performance was truly enjoyable and would have made Dickens proud. It even included some singing of ye ole Christmas favorites, which softened even my inner Scrooge.

Not only did they put on a wonderful show, but at the Tavern there is also the opportunity to enjoy some wonderful foods. On the menu for this performance were some traditional holiday favorites, and I partook of some yummy Shepherd’s Pie before the performance, and some gingerbread and hot apple cider for dessert at intermission. Pat had the Cassoulet (which I have no idea what it was) but looked tasty too.

I look forward to maybe seeing some other upcoming performances. Shakespearean classics like "Romeo and Juliet" and "Hamlet" are playing in early 2009.

It was nice to hang out with fun people and I would highly recommend the Shakespeare Tavern to any other ATL peeps!

I give the Shakespeare Tavern four and a half out of five Renee ratings of AWESOME-ness




No comments: